I am glad you have found the Bethlehem website and are taking a look around.
I hope you will take the next step and visit us to discover the people, the servant based missions, and life defining ministries at Bethlehem. As you will see on other pages on our site:
- We are involved in many local, national, and international mission and service projects.
- We are committed to helping people grow spiritually. We have education, service, and fellowship groups for adults from their 20’s to their 90’s.
- We seek to explore what it means to be Christian in 2017.
- We have established children and youth groups and excellent leadership.
- We continually stretch and deepen our understanding of, and relationship to God.
- I am continually impressed with the many gracious people at Bethlehem and their open minds, hearts, and spirits. We have a high quantity of high quality people here.
- Throughout the year we have many events for spiritual growth, worship, fellowship, education, service, and just plain fun.
Bethlehem is growing in many ways.
- We celebrate that new guests join us for worship each week.
- We receive new members several times a year.
- We celebrate the recently completed wing of our facilities.
When all is said and done the people at Bethlehem are committed to service, inspired by God’s spirit, learning and growing in a spirit of grace.
We are becoming disciples of Christ, being disciples, and making disciples.
If you are interested in my pedigree…I was born in Pennsylvania and I have lived all across the country, but most of my life, I lived in Texas. I graduated from Trinity University in San Antonio and earned my Masters of Theology from Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. I was ordained in 1981 into the United Church of Christ. I have served churches in the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado. I also served as the Director of Outdoor Ministries at a camp and retreat center in Texas.
My wife Susan and I have co-authored several curriculum pieces and education resources for the National Council of Churches, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and the United Church of Christ. Each of us is currently working on our next project.
I look forward to seeing you in worship.