BETHLEHEM UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
6400 Oak Hill Road
Evansville, Indiana 47725
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Responsible for identifying and resolving office administrative matters under the direction of the Senior Pastor, in order that church business be conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
The Administrative Coordinator will oversee church-related business through the church office including reception duties, church communications, maintaining statistical membership records and the church calendar.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. General duties include greeting visitors, answering telephones, processing mail, maintaining office supplies, keyboarding, filing, and working in cooperation with various church committees and the Church Council.
2. Assist Senior Pastor and other staff as requested.
3. Assist with special church events with correspondence, bulletins, and promotional materials as necessary (i.e. funerals, weddings, baptisms, Bible presentations, etc.);
4. Maintain “life of the church” vital statistics and permanent member records, and keep it updated in the church BREEZE system.
5. Evaluate building and equipment needs, facilitate maintenance and replacement as needed. Anticipate and order office supplies as needed.
6. Manage building use requests, providing proper paperwork and scheduling for members and non-members usage.
7. Obtain coverage for scheduled days off.
8. Perform other duties as necessary.
Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Executive Committee of the Bethlehem Church Council.
QUALITIES OF POSITION:
1. Effective interpersonal skills.
2. Able to perform essential job tasks while being interrupted frequently.
3. Must be a team player who is motivated to find solutions.
4. Must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to represent the church via phone, email, and written correspondence.
5. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
6. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
7. Must abide by Staff Covenant.
TIME AND COMPENSATION:
Time and compensation are somewhat flexible, but we are looking at roughly 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Monday-Thursday, with a starting salary of $15-$16 an hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by June 14, 2021 via email to (subject line – Attn. Personnel Committee) firstname.lastname@example.org or mail Attn: Personnel Committee, Bethlehem United Church of Christ, 6400 Oak Hill Rd, Evansville, IL 47725.