Bethlehem United Church of Christ in Evansville seeks to fill an important staff position (Minister of Visitation) for our congregation. Compensation commensurate with experience. We welcome interested individuals to submit a cover letter and resume by March 15 via email email@example.com or by mail to:
Attn: Personnel Committee
Bethlehem United Church of Christ
6400 Oak Hill Road
Evansville, IN 47725
POSITION TITLE: Minister of Visitation, Part-time (10-15 hours/week)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The role of the Minister of Visitation (MV) will be an ordained or licensed pastor who provides pastoral visits to church members in need of special care, to oversee the church’s visitation ministries and to lead Saturday/Sunday worship services as outlined below.
EXPECTATIONS OF POSITION:
1. Attend the monthly Staff meeting currently set for the first Thursday of the month at 10 a.m.
2. Attend monthly Spiritual Council meetings, which are currently the third Monday of the month at 5:45 p.m.
3. Lead both Saturday and Sunday worship service in Senior Pastor’s absence as needed. The MV shall receive additional compensation for these services.
4. Update the Senior Pastor on pastoral care needs related to the ministry of the MV.
- Make visits and bring communion to our “Limited Mobility” members on a monthly basis.
- Oversee and Recruit for the following ministries:
- Visitor of the Week
- Called 2 Care
- Maintain and update the schedule monthly with highlighted changes
- Transportation Ministry if in place
- The MV will inform, resource, organize, and lead existing volunteers. The MV recruit additional volunteers as needed.
- Provide Pastoral care needs when Senior Pastor is unavailable
The Minister of Visitation is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Bethlehem Spiritual Council.
Job Type: Part-time